SBI Gold Loan Interest Rate
SBI Gold Loan Interest Rates Sep 2017
|Interest Rate||11.05% Check Best Offers|
|Repayment Options||Bullet Repayment Scheme|
|Loan Tenure||3 months to 30 months|
|Loan Amount||Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 2,000,000|
|Processing Fee||0.51-1.01% of the loan amount subject to a maximum of Rs 1,022|
SBI Gold Loan
Gold Loans are loans availed by pledging your gold ornaments with a bank. SBI gold loan can be taken for meeting urgent personal expenses like children education, marriage and other financial emergencies in the family as well as for business purposes. The gold mortgaged itself acts as a security to the loan. Taking a loan from SBI has the following benefits:
- Extremely low interest rates with no hidden charges
- Offers long tenure loans of up to 30 months
Gold loan interest rate of depends upon
- Loan Amount: The amount of gold loan you can avail depends the weight of jewelry you can pledge with the bank. Generally, banks offer a jewel loan per gram of gold which differs by the purity of gold and loan to value ratio offered. Banks offer lower interest rates for higher amount. SBI offers loan between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 2,000,000 amount.
- Relationship with the Bank: SBI offers special rates, offers and charges to the existing account holders of the bank. Those who have made their payments on time in the past can get the benefit of low gold loan interest rate from SBI. Bank offers jewel loan at rates of 11.05% to 11.05%.
- Loan tenure: Many banks charge higher rate of interest for gold loans of lower tenure and lower interest rate for gold loans of higher tenure. SBI offers gold loan with a tenure of 3 months to 30 months.
- Loan to Value ratio: Maximum loan to value ratio on gold jewelry has been fixed at 75% by RBI. However, SBI also offers loans at lower LTVs. Interest rate on loans with lower LTV will be lower compared to loans with higher LTV. Maximum LTV offered by SBI is 75% calculated on net weight of gold in your jewelry.
In addition to interest rates, Gold loan SBI also carry some other charges which include:
- Processing fees – SBI charges minimum processing fees 0.51-1.01% of the loan amount subject to a maximum of Rs 1,022. To get lowest fee, gold loan interest rates comparison, offers and cashback applying online through MyLoanCare.
- Prepayment and foreclosure – Banks typically levy prepayment or foreclosure charges i.e. Nil.
SBI Gold Loan per gram
Your gold loan amount eligibility is measured in terms of gold loan rate per gram you will get on the basis of the weight and gold price of your jewelry adjusted for loan to value ratio.
Gold loan per gram is determined by multiplying the weight of gold by price of gold as adjusted for purity and LTV (loan to value) offered by SBI. For a 22 carat gold jewelry of 10 gram and a maximum LTV of 75% you can get a gold loan per gram of Rs. 2,079 from SBI
The table below gives the key loan parameters of Gold Loan SBI
|Age||Any individual with an age of 18 years and above|
|Profession||Salaried, self-employed professionals and businessmen. Gold loans are available for agriculture and non-agriculture purposes|
|Loan Amount||Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 2,000,000|
|LTV||Upto 75% of gold. Some schemes are offered at lower LTVs as well|
|Quality of gold||Gold ornaments should range in between 18 to 24 Carats|
|Type of gold accepted as security||Gold ornaments with 18 carat purity and bank's special minted coins upto 50 grams weight|
|Gold Price||Average gold price of 22 carat gold of past 30 days. Average price of 10 gm 22 carat gold for past 30 days is Rs. 27,724|
Your loan eligibility calculated as gold loan per gram for SBI is calculated based on the following parameters:
- Quantity and quality of gold pledged: Gold loan per gram depends upon the weight and assessment of purity of the gold jewelers that is being pledged. Gold ornaments Carat-age should be in the range of 18 to 24 Carats. Both hallmarked jewelry and non-hallmarked jewelry can be used for availing jewelry loan.
- Gold loan rate per gram: SBI will value the jewelry based on price of 22 carat gold adjusted for purity. SBI use thirty days average rates of 22 carat gold prices. You can also check today gold rate at MyLoanCare
- Form of gold pledged: You can get loan from SBI against jewellery or ornaments with a purity of 18 carats or more and specially minted gold coins with a weight of up to 50 grams. You will not be eligible for loan against gold bars, ETFs (exchange traded funds), specially minted coins of more than 50 grams and ladies mangal sutra.
- Purpose for which loan is used: You can use the loan from SBI for personal, business and agricultural purposes. However, SBI does not allow to use gold loan for speculative purposes such as purchase of gold coins, jewels, land, and investment in stocks, futures and options.
SBI gold loan per gram for 18 carat, 20 carat and 22 carat jewelry
The following table gives an approximate estimate of gold loan per gram SBI will offer against gold jewelry of different purity levels at a maximum LTV of 75% and lower LTV of 65%.
|Gold Purity||Gold rate per gram- average of past 30 days||SBI best Gold Loan per gram||SBI lowest Gold Loan per gram|
The above table shows the method by which SBI will calculate your per gram gold loan for gold of varying purity.
- Gold loan per gram in SBI offer for 22 carat jewelry will be between Rs. 1,802 to Rs. 2,079
- SBI gold loan per gram offer for 20 carat jewelry will be between Rs. 1,638 to Rs. 1,890
- Gold loan per gram offer of SBI for 18 carat jewelry will be between Rs. 1,474 to Rs. 1,701
Gold Loan Schemes of SBI
SBI offers several gold loan products to meet your various product requirements. These include loans with different repayment options
- Gold Loan with Bullet Repayment
Under this scheme, borrowers have the option to repay full principal amount at of the tenure.
- Interest will be charged monthly on the loan account but will be paid with the principal only at the maturity date.
- Low interest rates offered
- Gold Loan with Agriculture loan
This scheme is for farmers in which loan is provided to them against gold ornaments to meet their crop and other farming expenses.
- Rate of interest is low at around 8.5 - 9.5%
- Proof of farming activity and owning an agriculture land is required
- Farmers need to mention the end use of the gold loan. Bank might check the actual end use of the loan
SBI Loan Calculator
Eligibility or gold loan per gram is completely dependent on the assessment of weight and purity of the gold jewelry that is being pledged. Once you approach a bank or a gold loan company, it will conduct a valuation of your gold jewelry and then apply a LTV of up to 75% of the calculated value of the jewelry to be pledged to arrive at the eligibility. The value of gold jewelry and the eligibility is calculated based the following steps:Step 1: The bank or financial institution will test the level of gold purity and adjust the price of pledged gold in proportion of its purity.
Purity of gold is defined in carat, which means parts of gold. A 100 % pure gold is defined as 24 carat gold. So, 18 carat gold would mean an 18 carat of gold mixed with 6 carat of other metals.
The bank or gold company will adjust the value (price of gold) of jewellery for its purity. The price of 22 carat gold of last 30 days will be adjusted proportionately for the purity of gold pledged. For instance, the value/price of a 18 carat gold will be calculated by multiplying the average price of 22 carat gold for the last 30 days by multiplying it by 18/22.
Banks use 30 days average rates of 22 carat gold prices as directed by RBI. The rates used are as published daily by Bombay bullion's association.Step2: Weight of gold jewellery is netted off for weight of stones and gems
The bank will measure the net weight of your gold jewellery by deducting the weight of the stones and gems that have been used in the gold jewellery. So, if you intend to use your diamond jewellery for pawn, the bank will deduct the weight of diamond from the total weight of the jewelry to calculate the net weight of gold in your jewelry.Step 3: Bank will calculate the value of the jewellery as eligible for loan and apply a LTV to arrive at your gold loan amount eligibility
The bank will calculate the value of the jewellery to be pledged by multiplying the net weight of your gold jewellery as calculated in Step 2 above with the adjusted price of gold as calculated in Step 1 above. The bank will then apply a LTV to the calculated value of jewelry to calculate your eligibility. Banks are allowed to lend at a maximum LTV of 75%. However there are multiple schemes with LTVs between 60 - 75% on offer by leading loan providers. Higher the LTV, higher the interest rate charged.
SBI Gold Loan EMI Calculator
Gold Loan EMI of SBI is a fixed amount that you pay each month towards the repayment of your jewel loan. Lowest EMI offered by SBI is Rs. 3,830 per lakh loan amount at lowest gold loan interest rate of 11.05%. Gold loan EMI of SBI depends upon:
- Rate of interest: Higher the interest rate, higher will be the EMI. For a 30 months gold loan from SBI at interest rate of 11.05% per annum, EMI will be Rs. 3,830 per Rs. one lakh loan amount. At interest rate of 11.05% for the same loan, the EMI will be Rs. 3,830
- Loan tenure: Longer the loan tenure, lesser your monthly EMI. At 11.05% per annum, the EMI would range from Rs. 33,949 to Rs. 3,830 for loan tenure ranging from 3 months to 30 months
Use EMI Calculator to calculate your interest on gold loan at different tenureGold Loan EMI for Rs. 1 Lakh loan amount at lowest 11.05% interest rate offered by SBI for different tenures
|6 months||12 months||24 months||30 months|
|SBI EMI for a loan amount Rs. 1 lakh at 11.05%||17,208||8,841||4,663||3,830|
|Total amount you pay back to the bank including principal and interest||103,248||106,092||111,912||114,900|
|Interest you have to pay over loan tenure||3,248||6,092||11,912||14,900|
As you can see in the above table that longer the loan tenure, lower is the EMI you pay on gold loan. However, your total interest outgo is significantly higher in case of long tenure loan. In the above example, if you take a Rs. 1,00,000 loan for a period of 30 months, the lowest EMI you will pay of Rs. 3,830. However, you pay an interest of Rs. 14,900 on a Rs. 1,00,000 loan.
In comparison, if you take a Rs. 1,00,000 loan from SBI at the lowest interest rate for a period of 6 months, your monthly EMI will be as high as Rs. 17,208 and pay an interest of only Rs. 3,248 which is less than what you paid in a 30 months loan. Hence, you must choose your loan tenure wisely as longer tenure leads to high interest cost.
Documents Required for SBI Gold Loan
The documentation process of SBI is smooth. You need to submit one proof of identity and one proof of address to get a gold loan. The list of identity and address proofs are as follows:
- Identity proof: PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID Card, Aadhar Card
- Address proof: Voter’s ID Card, Aadhar Card, Rent Agreement, Utility Bills, Bank Statement
Compare Gold Loan Interest Rates of SBI with other banks
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI Gold Loan
SBI gold loan interest rates today are 11.05% to 11.05%.What is the lowest EMI per lakh on SBI gold loan?
If you apply for loan against gold from SBI, your lowest EMI per lakh will be Rs. 3,830.What is the minimum and maximum tenure of SBI jewel loan?
You can repay your jewel loan from SBI in a flexible period of minimum 3 months to maximum 30 months.How much gold loan amount I can borrow from SBI?
SBI offers you loan against gold if you need a minimum amount of Rs. 10,000 to a maximum amount of Rs. 2,000,000.How much processing fee is charged by SBI on jewel loan?
SBI charges a processing fee on gold loan- 0.51-1.01% of the loan amount subject to a maximum of Rs 1,022Are there any prepayment charges on gold loan?
Yes, you can prepay your jewel loan. Applicable prepayment charges - Nil.Is gold loan SBI available online? Is there a SBI gold loan online payment facility?
Yes, you can avail gold loan online in SBI. Yes, the bank offers SBI gold loan online payment facility.