PNB Interest Rates on FD, Jun 2017
Fixed Deposit Interest Rate of PNB
|Tenure||General Rates||Senior Citizen Rates|
|7 days to 14 days||4.25%||4.75%|
|15 days to 29 days||4.25%||4.75%|
|30 days to 45 days||4.75%||5.25%|
|46 days to 90 days||5.75%||6.25%|
|91 days to 179 days||6.00%||6.50%|
|180 days to 270 days||6.25%||6.75%|
|271 days to 364 days||6.25%||6.75%|
|1 year 1 day to 2 years||6.80%||7.30%|
|2 years 1 day to 5 years||6.80%||7.30%|
|5 years 1 day to 10 years||6.70%||7.20%|
PNB FD Interest Rates
- PNB offers FD interest rates upto 7.00% per annum.
- Interest on deposits with PNB is typically compounded quarterly.
- PNB accepts deposits starting at Rs. 1000 for various tenures.
- For senior citizens (age more than 60 years), PNB offers higher interest rate over and above rates mentioned below.
PNB Fixed Deposit – Premature Withdrawl
- You may break you FD and withdrawal your money subject to minimum moratorium requirements.
- However, in case of premature withdrawal, PNB pays 1% lower ROI than that applicable for actual duration of deposit.
Loan against PNB FD
- PNB offers loan upto 90% against its own deposit. Note that you cannot obtain a loan against
FD from another bank.
- Applicable rate of interest on loan against FD is typically 0.5% to 2% over the fixed deposit rate.
PNB Interest Rates in your city. How and where to apply?
- Keep your KYC documents - PAN card, address proof and photo ready.
- In case you already hold an account with PNB, you don’t need to submit KYC documents again.
- To know more or apply, contact any of the branches of PNB in your city
Punjab National Bank (PNB) is a nationalised public sector bank, headquartered in New Delhi. Founded in 1895 and having more than 120 years of experience in the Indian market, PNB is the second largest public sector bank of India with a wide presence of 6,081 branches, 6940 ATMs and a customer base of 8.9 crore as on March 2014. PNB has over 63,000 employees to cater to the needs of consumers across the country. The bank also has a reasonable large international presence with its subsidiary in UK and branches in Hong Kong, Dubai etc. as it tends to focus on NRIs as well. PNB has equity shares listed on BSE and NSE with its majority shareholder being Govt. of India. As on June 2014 PNB had assets worth Rs 5,46,808 crore showing a growth of 13.6% over last year. PNB also recorded a net profit of Rs 3,343 crore and total advances of Rs. 3,49,269 crore for the year ended March 2014. PNB has been a pioneer in experimenting and introducing various innovative business models to improve financial inclusion in the country. It was awarded Golden Peacock Innovative Product /Service Award 2014 by Institute of Directors and it was ranked 170th on the list of Top 1000 banks worldwide by The Banker Magazine in 2013.