Federal Bank Interest Rates on FD, Jun 2017
Fixed Deposit Interest Rate of Federal
|Tenure||General Rates||Senior Citizen Rates|
|7 days to 14 days||3.50%||4.00%|
|15 days to 29 days||4.50%||5.00%|
|30 days to 60 days||5.00%||5.50%|
|61 days to 90 days||5.70%||6.20%|
|91 days to 119 days||6.00%||6.50%|
|120 days to 270 days||6.25%||6.75%|
|271 days to 364 days||6.50%||7.00%|
|1 year 1 day to 2 years||6.80%||7.30%|
|2 years 1 day to 10 years||6.50%||7.00%|
Federal Bank FD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank offers FD interest rates upto 7.00% per annum.
- Interest on deposits with Federal Bank is typically compounded quarterly.
- Federal Bank accepts deposits starting at Rs. 1000 for various tenures.
- For senior citizens (age more than 60 years), Federal Bank offers higher interest rate over and above rates mentioned below.
Federal Bank Fixed Deposit – Premature Withdrawl
- You may break you FD and withdrawal your money subject to minimum moratorium requirements.
- However, in case of premature withdrawal, Federal Bank pays 1% lower ROI than that applicable for actual duration of deposit.
Loan against Federal Bank FD
- Federal Bank offers loan upto 90% against its own deposit. Note that you cannot obtain a loan against
FD from another bank.
- Applicable rate of interest on loan against FD is typically 0.5% to 2% over the fixed deposit rate.
Federal Bank Interest Rates in your city. How and where to apply?
- Keep your KYC documents - PAN card, address proof and photo ready.
- In case you already hold an account with Federal Bank, you don’t need to submit KYC documents again.
- To know more or apply, contact any of the branches of Federal Bank in your city
About Federal Bank
Federal Bank is a private sector bank operating in India with its headquarter based in Aluva, Kochi, Kerala. It was incorporated in 1931 as Travancore Federal Bank in Kerala. In 1945, a lawyer from Perumbavoor bought the bank and moved its registered office to Aluva. In 1947, the bank was renamed as Federal Bank. Federal Bank became a scheduled commercial bank in 1970 and came out with its Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the year 1997. For the year ending March 2014, Federal Bank recorded a net profit of Rs 838 crore while the total deposits stood at Rs 59,731 crore. The total advances of the bank stood at Rs 43436 crore and net worth stood at Rs 6873.30 crore. As on March, 2014 Federal bank operates 1174 branches and 1359 ATMs spread across the country. The bank has won many awards and accolades for its work over the years most notably 'Customer Service'award by ACI Excellence Awards in 2014 and Frontier’s Finnoviti 2013 Award for Innovation in Virtual Accounting System (VAS).