Citibank Interest Rates on FD, Aug 2017
Fixed Deposit Interest Rate of Citibank
|Tenure||General Rates||Senior Citizen Rates|
|7 days to 14 days||3.00%||3.50%|
|15 days to 25 days||3.25%||3.75%|
|26 days to 35 days||3.50%||4.00%|
|36 days to 45 days||4.50%||5.00%|
|46 days to 180 days||5.00%||5.50%|
|181 days to 1095 days||5.25%||5.75%|
|1096 days to 10 years||5.75%||6.25%|
Citibank FD Interest Rates
- Citibank offers FD interest rates upto 7.00% per annum.
- Interest on deposits with Citibank is typically compounded quarterly.
- Citibank accepts deposits starting at Rs. 1000 for various tenures.
- For senior citizens (age more than 60 years), Citibank offers higher interest rate over and above rates mentioned below.
Citibank Fixed Deposit – Premature Withdrawl
- You may break you FD and withdrawal your money subject to minimum moratorium requirements.
- However, in case of premature withdrawal, Citibank pays 1% lower ROI than that applicable for actual duration of deposit.
Loan against Citibank FD
- Citibank offers loan upto 90% against its own deposit. Note that you cannot obtain a loan against
FD from another bank.
- Applicable rate of interest on loan against FD is typically 0.5% to 2% over the fixed deposit rate.
Citibank Interest Rates in your city. How and where to apply?
- Keep your KYC documents - PAN card, address proof and photo ready.
- In case you already hold an account with Citibank, you don’t need to submit KYC documents again.
- To know more or apply, contact any of the branches of Citibank in your city
Citibank is a foreign bank operating in India with its headquarters based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It established its presence in India in the year 1902 from the city of Kolkata and today has 42 full service branches in 30 cities across the country. At present Citigroup, owner of Citibank, is the largest direct foreign investor in India with a total capital capacity in excess of US $3bn in its offshore banking and financial services business. As on March 31, 2014, Citibank India'total assets stood at Rs.1, 44,981 crore, profit after tax of Rs 2,893 crore, with advances showing a growth of 9% in the current financial year. It is also one of the leading card issuers in India with over 23 lakh card customers. Citibank has emerged as a preferred bank for 45,000 mid and small size companies in the country with its innovative products and distribution channels. In 2013, Citibank was voted ‘Best Foreign Commercial Bank and Best Investment Bank' by Finance Asia Country Awards and 'Best Consumer Internet Bank'in India by Global Finance Best Bank Awards.