Axis Bank Car Loan EMI Calculator
Axis Bank Car Loan Calculator India
- Get monthly EMI as low as Rs. 1,622 per lakh with Axis Bank now offering vehicle loans with loan tenure upto 7 years.
- Lowest car loan interest rate currently offered by Axis Bank is 11.00%, for which the EMI per Rs. 1 lakh loan amount comes to Rs. 4,580 for a 2 year loan and Rs. 2,088 for a 5 year loan.
- Car loan EMI in Axis Bank depends upon loan amount, repayment tenure and interest rate.
- Apply car loan online and get best loan interest rates.
- Check the EMI for other tenures using the Axis Bank car loan EMI calculator on this page.
Car Loan EMI Calculator Axis Bank
Axis Bank Car Loan EMI
- Car loan EMI (or equated monthly installment) is a fixed amount of money paid by you to Axis Bank against the loan taken. This is towards repayment of your loan to the bank. Every month, it is due on a fixed day of the month till your loan is fully paid back.
- With Axis Bank offering vehicle loans with loan tenure upto 7 years, the loan EMI can be as low as Rs. 1,622 per lakh, to make it more affordable and convenient to meet your car needs. Rate of interest offered by Axis Bank are as low as 11.00%.
The EMI consists of both interest payment and principal repayment. Though the EMI amount will remain constant, the principal component keeps increasing and on the other hand the interest component keeps reducing.
Features of Axis Bank Car Loan
- Borrower age should be between 21 years to maximum 70 years.
- Maximum vehicle loan amount offered by Axis Bank is up to 95% of ex-showroom price.
- Interest rates starts @ 11.00% depending upon down payment, net income and other factors.
- Processing fee in Axis Bank is Minimum Rs. 3,500 and Maximum 5,500.
Car Loan EMI Calculator Axis Bank at different tenure
Car Loan EMI for different loan amounts and tenures @ 11.00% interest rate
|Loan Amount||2 Years||3 Years||5 Years||7 Years|
|100,000||Rs. 4,580||Rs. 3,192||Rs. 2,088||Rs. 1,622|
|300,000||Rs. 13,740||Rs. 9,575||Rs. 6,264||Rs. 4,865|
|500,000||Rs. 22,900||Rs. 15,958||Rs. 10,440||Rs. 8,108|
|1,000,000||Rs. 45,800||Rs. 31,916||Rs. 20,880||Rs. 16,216|
- As you can see in the above table, for various loan amounts taken at the lowest rate of interest, EMI differs with changes to tenure at 2 to 7 years. Your EMI is higher when you take loan for a shorter tenure of 2 years and it is lower when you apply for a higher tenure of 7 years.
- Your EMI consists of both interest payment and principal repayment. Though the EMI amount will remain constant, every month the proportion of interest payment and principal repaid within each EMI is different. With every EMI, the proportion of principal repayment in EMI keeps increasing and the interest component in EMI keeps reducing.
Use EMI Calculator to calculate your interest on vehicle loan at different tenure
Vehicle Loan EMI for Rs. 1 lakh loan amount at lowest 11.00% interest rate offered by Axis Bank for different tenures
|2 years||3 years||5 years|
|Axis Bank EMI for a loan amount Rs. 1 lakh at 11.00%||Rs. 4,580||Rs. 3,192||Rs. 2,088|
|Total amount you pay back to the bank including principal and interest||Rs. 109,919||Rs. 114,898||Rs. 125,279|
|Interest you have to pay over loan tenure||Rs. 9,919||Rs. 14,898||Rs. 25,279|
The above table shows the longer your loan tenure, lower is the EMI you pay on the loan. However, your total interest outgo is significantly higher in a long tenure loan. In the above example, if you take a Rs. 1,00,000 loan for a period of 5 years, you pay the lowest EMI of Rs. 2,088. However, you pay an interest of Rs. 25,279 on a Rs. 1,00,000 loan.
In contrast, if you take a Rs. 1,00,000 loan from Axis Bank at the lowest loan rate offered for a period of 2 years, you pay a higher vehicle loan EMI of Rs. 4,580 and pay an interest of only Rs. 9,919 which is less than half of what you paid in 5 year loan. Hence, it is advisable to choose your loan tenure wisely as longer tenure means high interest expenses.
Factors affecting Axis Bank Car Loan EMI
- Loan amount – This is the amount borrowed by a borrower from Axis Bank. If you apply for a higher loan amount, your monthly EMI will be high. Axis Bank gives maximum loan of 95% of ex-showroom price of the car.
- Interest rate - Interest rates is the rate charged by Axis Bank on your vehicle loan. Higher interest rate increases your loan EMI which will increase the total cost of the loan. Lowest interest rate offered by Axis Bank is 11.00%. However, it is advisable to do complete market research and compare rates online before you apply for loan.
- Loan tenure – This is the period in which you can repay your loan in Axis Bank. Longer loan tenure means lower car loan EMI. Generally, Axis Bank offers loan for a maximum tenure of 7 years.
Axis Bank Car Loan Calculator Formula
- P represents the principal amount that you want to apply for.
- r is the rate of interest per month which is calculated as rate of annual income/ (12*100)
- n is the tenure of loan in months
- E represents the monthly payment or EMI
Here is an illustration of how Axis Bank Car Loan EMI is calculated:
Let’s say you take out a car loan for Rs. 700,000 to be paid back over five years (or 60 months) at an interest rate of 10%. Your monthly payments for this loan after applying the above formula would be Rs. 14,873.
In above formula,
P = loan amount. This should be 95% of ex-showroom price
n = tenure in months. For Axis Bank, this can be 7 years.
r = rate of interest per annum. Current Axis Bank interest on car loan is 9.25%
Tips to decide the right amount of EMI
- Ascertain the amount you need to borrow: It is important that before approaching a bank for loan, you need to estimate the amount of loan you need to borrow. Limit your loan amount after accounting for your own available funds. Also, based on the EMI you can service, try to opt for lowest tenure of loans as long tenure loans result in huge interest outgo.
- Review your current obligations: Before, taking a loan it is advisable to do an evaluation of your current monthly expenses including any EMI obligations that you have on your current loans. The assessment will help you to estimate the amount of EMI you can pay comfortably after taking into account other obligations. Once you arrive at the EMI you can service, you can also decide on the right loan tenure.
- Calculate your Axis Bank car loan eligibility: Your eligibility is an assessment of your repayment capacity based on your monthly income. Axis Bank provides an LTV upto 95% of ex-showroom price and expects the borrower to fund the remaining value of property by own money. For example, at its lowest LTV, Axis Bank would expect its borrowers to provide margin money. In case this margin payment is higher than your available funds as estimated by you, you might need to look for higher LTV loans, which may carry higher interest rates and hence, will result in higher EMIs.
- Multiplier based loan amount eligibility – Axis Bank calculates your loan amount eligibility by applying a multiplier to your net take home salary. This is the simplest method for calculating a loan eligibility used by banks. Generally it is 2.5 to 3 times the annual salary for salaried individuals and 6 times the annual income for self-employed professionals. The multiplier depends on the bank’s internal categorization of your employer company based on its reputation, stability, size and growth in turnover.
- FOIR based loan amount eligibility – Axis Bank will also estimate your Fixed Income to Obligations Ratio (FOIR) to ascertain the maximum EMI you can service based on your current income and other monthly expenses. The bank applies a certain ratio to your income to estimate your monthly expenses and then adds your other EMI obligations to calculate your fixed obligations. The proportion of fixed income to your calculated fixed obligations gives your FOIR. Generally, banks lend up to a maximum FOIR of 0.50. Based on the FOIR, the bank will also estimate the maximum amount of EMI you can service as a borrower. Axis Bank's assessment may be different from your own assessment. Any differences in assessment may require you to readjust your loan amount requirement. You may also consider paying back other running short term loans to improve your eligibility.
Quick guide on Axis Bank Car Loan
- Loan available for both salaried and self employed.
- Borrowers within the age group of 21 and 70 years.
- Maximum loan tenure of 7 years.
- Interest rates in the range of 11.00% to 12.00%.
- Lowest EMI of Rs. 1,622 per lakh.
- Processing Fees: 0.00 of loan amount.
- Axis Bank vehicle loan calculator calculates EMI considering a combination of loan amount, interest rate and loan tenure.
Car loan EMI – EMI changes in case of prepayment
In case you prepay your vehicle loan, a small penalty is levied. Prepayment in Axis Bank is 5%. When you prepay, the outstanding balance on your vehicle loan reduces. Axis Bank gives you two options:
- Reduce your loan tenure and keep EMI on your car loan unchanged: This option allows you to close your loan earlier and save the interest outgo associated with the remaining tenure. This is suitable for borrowers who feel that they have adequate income to continue servicing the same level of EMIs.
- Reduce the amount of EMI and keep your loan tenure same: This option allows you to reduce your monthly EMI and hence, increases the availability of monthly surplus which you can deploy for other purposes. This is suitable for borrowers who anticipate higher monthly personal expenses and hence, would want to reduce their monthly EMI obligations.
Compare Car Loan EMI with other banks
Frequently Asked Questions on Axis Car Loan
It is advised to calculate vehicle loan EMI prior to taking a loan. There are several benefits of calculating your Axis Bank housing loan EMI as discussed below -
- In case EMI comes out to be more than your monthly budget, then you have the chance to apply for a lower loan amount which fits your monthly budget and makes EMI easily affordable.
- If you already know the EMI you have to pay each month, then you can plan your spending accordingly.
- Based on the EMI amount, you can opt for making prepayment of your car loan in future when you have surplus amount.
Axis Bank offers car loan at 11.00% interest rate and hence lowest EMI on per lakh loan amount is Rs. 1,622.Can I prepay my Axis Bank car loan?
Axis Bank offers you an option of prepayment at 5% charges.Is there any processing charge on car loan from Axis Bank?
Car Loan from Axis Bank charges a processing fee of 0.00% of loan amount. Minimum is Rs. 3,500and Maximum is Rs. 5,500.Will I get the car loan from Axis Bank if I have a bad credit score?
No, for taking a loan from Axis Bank, an applicant must have a good credit score of 700 and above. Usually, most of the banks avoid giving loans if you have low credit score.How does a car loan repayment happen?
The repayment of a car loan happens in the form of an EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) through the customer's bank account. The customer is required to present a few post dated cheques and sign an ECS mandate in favor of the bank at the time of disbursing the loan.Can I have a co-applicant while applying for a Car loan with Axis Bank?
Yes, you can opt for a co-applicant to take car loan from Axis Bank that will increase your car loan eligibility as the income of the co-applicant is also taken into account.